How to love yourself?

Hi ladies,

I want to start off my saying this isn’t about me wanting to kill myself or harm myself so don’t worry. You know that phrase “you have to love yourself before you can love someone else”? I’ve been struggling with that all my life. Ever since I was young I’ve felt like I’m not worthy to date anyone or I’m not good enough for someone, not pretty enough, not interesting enough, and I’ve kind of just been existing with that mindset. I have always thought it would get better as I grow older but I’m still stuck and it’s affecting me more than ever now that I’m 18 and am supposed to be taking control of my life. I don’t think I’m particularly ugly, but I am super insecure about a lot of things, most I can’t control. Whenever someone hints at attraction to me I get all freaked out inside because I panic that they’re going to find out who I really am (the part of me who thinks I’m unworthy/all my insecurities come to life) and I end up sabotaging that attraction because I’m caught up in panic. The idea of sex also terrifies me because I don’t want to make myself so vulnerable to a person. All of this stems from not loving myself and I recognize that but I don’t know how to change it. Can someone please help give me tips to turn this around, anything really. I want to take control of my life but it starts with myself.