This random stranger gave me faith in humanity again...

I’m writing this post because I just have to tell someone. I am literally sobbing because of what this woman did.

I am in a Facebook group for parents that follow Montessori in their home with their children. A woman posted about how she is tight on money this year and that she was looking for suggestions for cheap Montessori aligned toys to get her son for Christmas with what little money she has. I commented on her post saying something along the lines of:

“I wish I had some advice for you but unfortunately, we are in the same boat. I have an almost 2 year old and I’m due with our second son in December. My bf and I are struggling financially and I feel terrible that I can’t afford to buy my son much of anything for Christmas this year. I have been looking around the dollar store and thrift stores for cheap puzzles, crafts, books, ect. My bf and I aren’t even buying each other gifts this year because we have to save up to buy things our newborn needs like diapers, wipes, formula, ect. I just wanted to post this so that you know you are not alone. What matters is the quality time that you spend with your child this Christmas. Hang in there momma, I know it’s tough! Things will get better. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!”

The mother commented back saying how grateful she was that I left that comment and that she didn’t feel so terrible knowing she wasn’t alone.

The next day, another woman commented on my comment asking me to message her. I did. She introduced herself and told me that she saw my comment and wanted to send me some money via paypal so that I could buy diapers for my newborn and a toy for my son for Christmas. I literally burst into tears because of her kindness. I can’t believe a complete stranger would offer to send me money to make my children happy on Christmas. I tried to refuse because it made me feel awful to accept any help, especially from a stranger but she insisted. This angel sent me $40 just because she saw my comment and wanted to help. There are still beautiful people in this world that are kind and selfless and humble. I will never be able to thank this woman enough. Now my son can have a nice gift for Christmas and we can grab a box of diapers for my newborn. I am forever grateful for her. I hope to be able to do the same for someone else one day. I just had to post this because this woman is a beautiful soul and the world should know about her! ♥️

As a note in case anyone will say something. My bf and I were not struggling when I got pregnant. We were affording all of our bills perfectly fine. I have been a stay at home mom since my son was 8 months. I quit my 8 year job as a manager at a restaurant because I had severe postpartum anxiety, depression and back pain that made it almost impossible for me to function properly at work. My bfs job supported us enough for me to do this. Shortly after I became pregnant, my bf’s company moved him to a different job that pays significantly less and we have been struggling to make ends meet since. I picked up a part time job but it’s a relief position so I can only get so many hours, I usually only make around $100-200 every 2 weeks, but atleast it’s something. We just fell on hard times and are struggling for a bit but I know things will get better.