No time off work for dad?

Pen • 8/17 🌈👧🏼 | 11/19 🌈👦🏼| 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦

My husband just started a temp-to-hire job a month ago and still hasn't told the employer that we're expecting November 30th. Because he's still a temp, we're worried that if he asks for time off (even unpaid), they might just let him go and get someone else in. So we're thinking he just needs to keep working. This job pays a lot more than his old job, even as a temp, and it's a really good opportunity as it's in a part of his field he hasn't really had any chance to work in before, and he's doing and learning a lot. I really want him to get the permanent job if he can. Not to mention the fact that since he was not working from June to October didn't put us in the best place financially, and we're finally getting back to somewhere I feel ok about, which is nice. I just don't want to screw up his chances at "permanent" work.

But I'm nervous about not having help with the new baby, especially considering the fact that I have a two year old too. On the one hand, I figure I've done this before so I can do it again, and I know my husband will help when he's around, even overnight and even when he's working, because he did it when we had our daughter too, but I also feel like we're all going to be beyond exhausted and it's going to be crazy stressful. He only took two weeks with my daughter and while it was nice, it also wasn't a ton of time, so maybe it won't be that bad anyway?

Anyone had their baby's other parent go right back to work without any time off? How did it go? Share your experiences please. ❤️