RSV in newborn babies. My biggest fear and husband thinks it’s no biggie.

Li

I will be 36 weeks tomorrow and today I had to take my 3 year old to the doctor because he is sick. Ear infection, cough,runny nose, and mild fever. I told my husband about RSV and how we’re so close to having our 2nd son and I’m just terrified about having a sick baby. I see it everywhere. And RSV season is here.my sons pediatrician told us about how we can stop it from spreading and how to be cautious. Well tomorrow is my 36 week appointment and I needed my mother in law to take care of my sick 3 year old while I’m at the doctors office. But she takes care of her 3 month old grandson and 2 year old granddaughter. And I didn’t want the 3 month old catching it. He’s so little and I didn’t want him around the baby. I told my husband that I will go drive to pick up my mom who lives an hour away to take care of my son while I go to the doctor. And he just thinks it wasn’t necessary. “Take him to my moms house if the baby (3 month old) catches it he will catch it” I was so mad. How he doesn’t seem to care and worry about this horrible illness in babies.

(My mother-in-law won’t be taking care of her grand babies tomorrow so I’m okay) but I just hate how my husband thinks “it’s gonna be okay” and he thinks I’m over reacting.