First period after miscarriage.. Abnormal?

Rhi • 💖👶🏼 Baby girl born 12/10/2020 👶🏼💖 And Mummy to 6 Angel babies. ❤️

Hey Ladies, just wanted to get some advice from those of you who have been in my position.

I miscarried in August and got my first period this month which started 7th Nov.

Normally my period only lasts about 4 - 5 days but I’m still bleeding now. I’ve been logging my period on the app and it is lighter now than it was, but I’ve been logging it as ‘Light Menstruation’ for the past 5 days and I’m sitting here wondering at what point do I need to be concerned.

I know it’s common for your first period after miscarriage and childbirth to be a bit heavier or longer than your regular period, but is this a bit much? I thought maybe double the length of my normal period, which for me is usually 5 days, so I got to 10 days of bleeding and got a bit worried but I shrugged it off.

Just logged today’s light menstruation and I’m now at 12 days continuous bleeding, in just short of two weeks straight of bleeding.

Has anyone here had this and got any advice? I’m not sure what is best to do, I don’t want to go rushing off to the doctors unless I really need to. I live in the UK and my GP surgery doesn’t have pre-bookable appointments so all I can get are the on-the-day emergency slots and I feel awful taking one of them for what should just be a normal period.

I don’t know, I’m in two minds about it. Any advice and opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks so much, Rhi.