Should I book the ceremony hall before he pops the question? EDIT***

Hey I finally found the perfect location for my wedding and reception and it’s well within the budget my boyfriend and I have set when we occasionally discuss how much we’d like to spend. We’ve been together 6 years and in March we picked out an engagement ring and he told me before this year was up we’d be engaged. For those who think it may have been tacky to pick out my own ring and it not be a surprised it wasn’t planned at all. January of this year my boyfriend and I had a lot happening in our lives, so much change and so much shift and we were basically falling victim to all of it and it caused me to feel a lot of uncertainty and very sad and depressed. We went to the mall one day as a distraction to spend the day together when we found ourselves at a ring shop and he told me he that even though everything around us was uncertain our future together being married was a certainty and we got the ring. It took a while for all the chaos around us to settle but it ended up with us getting our first place together and we have been living together for four months now and the end of the year is near. My bday is Christmas <a href="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glow.android.eve">Eve</a> so I don’t know when he plans on proposing but my gut is saying my bday or Christmas. I just wanted to know your thoughts of booking before an engagement. I’m only in a rush because the venue informed me of them having bookings up till 2022 and I had no idea people were booking so far in advance I want to get married in the spring of 2021. They said as of now my date is free and I could use two halls for the additional price of 350 which is soo good!! The deposit is 500 and it’s non refundable however they said if I want to change the date the deposit can be used for the date switch.

So should I book? What would you ladies do?

Edit** my bf and I already planned a date back in March when we got the ring. We agreed for May 2020 at the time but now it’ll just be 2021. He also asked for my dads blessing so I know I’m not being strung along. We honestly didn’t want to get engaged still living at our parents house and we finally moved out over the summer so we are right on track for where we want to be on this journey to the altar.

Also, my boyfriend and I went out to dinner tonight and I told him as someone in the comments suggested that I’d like to start looking and I told him about the spot I found had showed him pictures and prices Nd he loved it and said we can check it out after thanksgiving and make a deposit if we still like it in person.