Does your dog usually sleep in a room with you or in another room?

Was just wondering, we’ve had our dog ever since he was 5 weeks.

We were told he was almost 9 weeks, but when we took him for his shots we were told he was only about 8 weeks old. He’s only ever known humans.

My fiancé and I he’s around 24/7 and he NEVER leaves our side. He always has to follow us and has separation anxiety. If I go to the bathroom without letting him in he just sits outside the door and cries. Literally cries. Doesn’t bark. CRIES. Real tears and all. If he can’t sleep on the bed or couch with us he’ll try to sit as near to us as he can and will keep trying every 5 minutes.

We crate him if we leave the house and when we get home he’s shaking, but as soon as we let him out he goes nuts and is completely fine.

Not sure if it’s normal or if anyone’s experienced this? We don’t wanna have to keep him in his crate when we leave but he gets so scared by himself he’ll pee and rip whatever he can up.

He doesn’t potty in his crate. Lately he’s been literally moving his crate and getting whatever he can around the room in his crate and tearing it up. The other day he got his bed into the crate. A 50$ Serta doggy bed just torn to shreds. I just don’t want the behavior to start getting out of hand. He’s pretty well trained and knows about 30 commands and for the most part is house trained. He’s a little over a year old and is a Pitbull.

Pic for attention

Vote below to see results!