Sleep training

So, definitely posting anonymously because I know that a lots of what I’ve been doing with my baby are big no-no’s, although I think we’ll all agree at this point that we are all doing what it takes to stay sane😅

My little one will only sleep in arms—still—at 6 weeks. I have tried everything from swaddles to swings, to letting him cry it out (obviously within reason), establishing sleep time rituals, etc. and no matter what he fusses and cries till someone picks him up. At night, I end up having to clear the bed of everything and breastfeed him lying down to get any rest at all. My husband will take him for short intervals at night, but he works and studies full time and it’s just as stressful for him.

Even if he’s already asleep, he wakes up immediately when I put him down in his bassinet—he doesn’t always fuss immediately, but he does eventually and then gets EXTRA angry if I don’t come to the rescue, and is extra sensitive to being set down even for a minute for days afterward.

Help! How are you mommas managing to put baby down!!! I need to pee during the day without holding baby or listening to him scream, or being pinned to the couch because he’s sleeping and I don’t want to wake him up!🙃