Toddler sleep...

Lo

I’m very discouraged here. My son is 2 and my daughter is 7 months old. My son has always been an incredible nighttime sleeper. He has been sleeping through the night since he was about 4 months old. My daughter has struggled at night until probably a little less than a month ago. Right around the time my daughter started doing better with night sleep, my son started waking up crying in the middle of the night, sometimes multiple times. Almost every night he will wake up crying for either a.) he wants his pillow b.) he wants his blanket or c.) he wants his toy. This is frustrating for us, but the part that makes it more frustrating is that his sisters room is connected to his. He doesn’t generally wake her up, but sometimes he is loud enough that she hears him over her noise machine and it wakes her up. With him, he usually cries for a minute, we give him what he’s looking for and then he goes back to sleep. With our daughter, once she is woken up, she’s up and I have to feed her to get her to go back to sleep. I’d be willing to let him go until he figured things out on his own but we are nervous he will wake his sister up because he has on a few occasions. I told my husband that I’m going to tell our son that if he is going to keep waking up in the middle of the night crying for his truck, then he will no longer get his truck to sleep with. If he is going to wake up crying for his blanket, then we will put him back in his sleep sack for bed. I don’t really know how to handle the pillow, other than to take that away, but he doesn’t do it often for his pillow. This is the only way I can think to handle this issue. If anyone has any insight, please let me know. It’s like this is a cruel joke. Our son who has always been an awesome sleeper decides to be a nightmare right as our daughter is getting better.