Am I in the wrong?

So I have had sex with one of my Male friends a few times..last night we were hanging out (not having sex just spending time) and he asks me if he is the best sex I've ever had. I know most men have fragile egos when it comes to that kind of stuff but I didn't even have the capacity to lie. So I said something on the lines of "I wouldn't say the best but we do have good sex together." He doesn't do foreplay and I have been with men who have so i was comparing those experiences. Well he got all in his feelings and gave me a dirty look and was like "what the fuck?" I was really confused. Then he said "how would you feel if I said that to you, that you weren't the best sex I've had?" I told him honestly I wouldn't care because I wouldn't. If there were other girls better than me than so be it . I hate when people ask for your opinion then when you give them an honest answer , they get mad. I don't think what I said was rude. He was just looking for an ego boost and when I didn't give it to him he got upset.