Weight gain?

Montana

Okay so I’ve always had a fear of gaining weight because when I was in middle school I was bullied relentlessly for being “fat” and it just fucked with me mentally.

A couple of months back I asked my boyfriend to tell me if I was starting to gain weight so I would know.

This past week I’ve been really ill, and I went to the doctors to get some medicine and found out that I’ve gained 15 pounds since getting the implant put in in September which really upset me.

He came over after class yesterday and I was already really upset from being really weak and sick and being told that I’ve gained so much weight so I was just emotional.

We were laying in bed, and he loves my tummy. Thinks it’s so cute whatever. So my shirt rode up and he rubbed my belly and made a comment about how it was cute or something and I laughed a bit and said “you really like my tummy?” And he went “well, yeah I do and I’ve noticed that it’s getting bigger recently”

And it just hurt?

Like I know that I told him previously to let me know but with how emotional and sick I’ve been it just hurt my feelings ALOT and I got upset about it.

I just feel like it’s taken me almost two years to get comfortable with my body around him and now I don’t even want him to see me without a shirt on like all that progress has been washed away.

And I just feel like I’m overreacting because I previously asked him to tell me. I don’t know.

Am I overreacting?