Still frustrated

Ophelia

Hi everyone! About a week ago I posted here and kinda complained about my MIL pushing and guilting me because I a) won’t let my three and half month old son sleep on his tummy and b) won’t feed him solid foods. She has also wanted us to put rice cereal in his milk at 3 weeks old. So recently the struggle against the cereal has gotten worse. I’m totally fine with cereal, but I believe that there are certain milestones that a baby should reach before adding anything extra to milk because it can pose a choking hazard and isn’t necessary to growth. That being said, I told my sweet husband that we needed to wait until at LEAST four months before adding cereal. He came home the other night with a container of Infant rice cereal. I was upset because I felt like I wasn’t being listened to, but I just calmly told him that I still want to wait a few more weeks. Tonight he asked again if we should try to cereal because his mom says that it’ll make our baby sleep better. I said, “no, thank you though babe. I don’t want to add cereal to his milk especially before laying him down. Huge aspiration risk.” He sighed and looked at our baby and said, “you’re going to be drinking milk for the rest of your life, I guess. Never gonna be able to eat anything else.” I’m frustrated. Our baby is 3.5 months old. Like I said in the previous post, he hasn’t even fully transitioned out of newborn nipples yet because his swallowing skills aren’t up to par. Why is it such a big deal to wait awhile longer? I don’t understand all of the backlash that I’m getting.

Regardless, my question is, “how would you talk to your significant others about this without making them feel bad?” I want to preserve his dignity, but I also really want to just be listened to. The first time. I don’t want to always feel like the bad guy. But I also don’t want to react in anger because that never is educational or allows for growth. Thank you💛