Was your baby born with birth marks?

Hello everyone, I have a 4 month old.. and I was wondering if your babies were born with birth marks or did they develop gradually. My baby was born with very clear skin no marks at all, which I was unexpected because my husband has bunches of birth marks all over his body and I thought he would too. When he was like 6-8 weeks he started getting dark spots on his arms, belly, side of face and when he was around 2-3 months he started getting them on his back. Like a bunch. I was excited because he finally had something of my husband. Anyways last doctor visit we had, the pediatrician asked me what those spot were and I told her I thought they were inherited from my husband but I was going to ask her too just to make sure. She referred me to a dermatologist because she wants to make sure they’re actually birth marks and not some type of skin condition that will spread across all his body. This is kind of making me feel uneasy... sorry about the long post I’m just kind of nervous I guess.

Picture for reference