I lost my mom yesterday

On November 15 I was driving my mom to an oncology appointment when she stopped breathing in my car.. We pulled over called 911 and by the grace of God people stopped to help right away and started CPR.. When we got to the Emergency room and the doctor finally came to talk to us we were shocked to find out how sick she actually was. We found out that she had an aggressive but very treatable form of cancer, pneumonia, and a heart valve problem that couldn't be fixed until the cancer was taken care of. Then we get up to CICU with her and the oncology doctor informs us that the cancer is really bad.. If she didn't get treatment soon it could be days.. But she was too weak for chemo at the time so they would start her on steroids to help kill the cancer cells as long as results showed she was strong enough for that.. She was.. Thank God.. She started the steroids then the next day we find out that her kidneys are failing.. Have to start dialysis but can't that day because she is too weak yet.. Eventually she was able to do dialysis and chemo.. Things were looking up. She had her smart ass attitude back which is one thing we love most about her and she was determined.. She was determined to meet my baby due January 14. She was moving out of the hospital quick! Quicker than we were comfortable with but they kept saying the risk of infection was higher there than at a rehab center. So rehab it was. I live an hour and a half away from her. She called me and told me to keep my butt home and take care of me and the baby. I went to see her 1 time before she left the hospital. Then over thanksgiving break the roads were bad and she kept reassuring me that she was fine and i needed to stay home. I should have gone to see her because on November 30 I get a call that she was being brought back to ER because she was having trouble breathing. But she should be okay. Then i get a call Sunday that the family should come up. So I drive there and she looked so scared and so defeated. They ended up having to put her on a ventilator and we found out that the pneumonia "returned" pretty sure it never cleared up in the first place, that she was septic and she had another infection. She fought so hard but she just couldn't fight off those infections. We had to make the decision to put her on comfort care. I had my 35 week appointment Wednesday. We were waiting to find out til baby was born what the gender was but then my husband came up with an idea. So I went to my appointment tears streaming down my face because I knew the next day was going to be the day that i lose my mom and I asked my doctor if there was any way I could find out the gender so i could share it with mom. The doctor did an ultrasound, printed off pictures, wrote the gender on a sticker, put it in an envelope and sent me on my way. Me and my mom found out the gender together it was an amazing memory I will keep close to my heart and i am so grateful my husband came up with the idea and was 100% supportive. I am not telling anyone, not even my husband, and I am hoping I don't slip in the next 5 weeks.Yesterday mom began comfort care and passed peacefully holding mine and my dads hand with my siblings surrounding her. It was the worst day of my life but I will cherish every moment I had with her!