Family resentment? venting

TailerAnn

Ive always been really close to my moms side of the family. Lately my aunt has been driving me crazy. She has to have everything her way and its annoying. She moved 2ish hours away from the family. My grandparents live next door to my parents on the same property because my parents have a fourplex. Starting with my birthday weekend my grandparents had gone to visit her, and my grandma said she would be back for my birthday dinner. Nothing fancy my mom just cooked and invited grandparents over. Well my aunt threw a fit because she didnt want my grandma to leave. I mean I get it but it was my birthday and I moved about 45 minutes away from all my family and I only see them about once every 2 weeks and even then it is uaully for an hour or 2 thats it. So my grandparents bailed on my birthday dinner for her. Also both of my cousins have been getting on my nerves when it comes to talking about schooling and pregnancy and everything. They both decided to for nursing and so am I. Cool thats great. I finished all my prereqs and am not pregnant and got screwed over with fasfa the year prior so I cant apply for a BSN program yet. They sit there and tell me how hard it is and this and that about getting in like I have no clue how it works when this has been my goal for the last few years. Then when it comes to pregnancy they tell me how things are and when I say something even if it is a fact they say "oh things change when your in labor" or "oh just wait until you have a contraction". Like no shit I get that things change but also remember every delivery/pregnancy/body is DIFFERENT. Im just saying what I hope for not this is exactly how things will be. It makes it so hard to be around them. Then my grandma will drop everything to go stay out at my aunt and cousins house( they live one street apart from each other) but she wont come see me. She did one time because i upset she wont come see me and stayed for about an hour and half but she will spend weekends with them. She also bought all her great grandkids cribs and spent close to $400 on a bassinet for my other cousin but asked me to keep it under $150. Its not about the money but it just feels like Im being the one being brushed aside or put down by everyone. Then they get mad at my mom when she tries to stand up for me because I was just ignoring it all but I get upset pretty easily because I feel like my relationship with all of them is going to shit slowly.