Devastated

Taylor

For years my mom and I have never had a good relationship. My mom is one who loves to control everyone and everything. At 18 I moved out on my own. Which I thought had made things better. For about a year it did then I started seeing a guy who for some reason my mom hates. Now mind you my mom has never liked anyone I’ve associated myself with. Over the last year or so we’ve progressively gotten worse. I started a new job and have to work Christmas Day. I already made plans with my boyfriend and his family Christmas party that night around 6:30-7. So I told my mom I could do Christmas with them anytime before that. All day if she wanted. Instead of answering she completely ignores me until I message her last night. Come to find out she had already made plans for Christmas <a href="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glow.android.eve">Eve</a> in which I was not involved because from her understanding “you said you were going to be at shanks (bfs nickname) all day long” even after I sent her a screenshot of where I said I had to be at his house at 6:30 and could do whatever before then she still tells me she was under the impression I’d be there all day. So now I am hurt and upset that I don’t get to spend Christmas with any of my family because my mom won’t tell me where or what time anything is going on.