Woke up with so much excitement and joy for Christmas...

Claire • Wife 💍 Mother 👧🏻💗👼🏻 🌈👶🏻💙

Been keeping my pregnancy from my husband since I found out 3 weeks ago. I desperately wanted to surprise him for Christmas with those 2 pink lines, wrapped a test up in a little box and everything. Woke up this morning so excited that there was only one more sleep until I got to give him the little box - couldn't wait to see his face and reaction to this completely unplanned and big surprise.

We have a little girl who just turned 1 on Dec 17th, whom we adore. But when I missed my period at the beginning of December I was in shock! We haven't been trying, I just returned to work from my maternity leave, our little girl just settled into daycare with her nanny - and then this beautiful miracle and unexpected baby!

Went to work this morning, so blissful. Then half an hour before we were to close up early I noticed some light cramping. Then came the blood. Called the midwife and got the details on what to expect. On Christmas <a href="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glow.android.eve">Eve</a>. Trying so hard to tell myself that these things just happen. But this is still just really shit. And I'm finding it so hard to find the merry in this Christmas. I look at my beautiful daughter and I'm so grateful. But this is still just really shit. 6 weeks along today, and now you're gone in the blink of an eye.