Couldn’t find baby... needed help finding uterus

Le

Ladies, please tell me what you think about this:

After 7 days of brown spotting and intermittent cramping, I decided to go to the ER to get checked out because my ObGyn office is closed until January.

After 14 hours of waiting, I was finally seen by a med student and his supervisor. My hcg levels were around 36,000 (I’m 6+5), and all of my blood work was great. I knew that if the baby was ok that they should be able to see SOMETHING at this point with the ultrasound.

Well, they come into the room with a small portable abdominal US machine, and little Mr. Intern had the resolution all wrong and could barely even find my uterus. After his supervisor coached him a bit, and after looking for about 12 seconds, the doc says that they can only see “a sac” and it’s not looking good for my baby. By that point, I was so tired and out of it, I didn’t even argue... I just went home and cried myself to sleep.

I don’t even know what to think. All of my blood work was fine, and he mentioned that my spotting could be due to fibroids, but immediately jumps to miscarriage based upon a bad abdominal US at 6+5. I was referred to go tomorrow to the hospital’s early assessment clinic, which has a great staff who actually knows what they’re doing (I’ve been there before).

I just don’t have much faith in what those doctors said. I’m not giving up on my little one, and I’m going to keep hoping and praying that my hcg levels rise and that I’ll see my little one tomorrow.