How to transition toddler to sleep in his own bed.

Tay 🏝

My 3 year old sleeps with me and my SO. My SO hates it. He doesn't like that he's in the middle of us. He doesn't like that he kicks him in the night (oooppss). He also doesn't like that it takes him awhile to sleep....

I on the hand, love it! I love snuggling and knowing he's right next to me not climbing a cabinet with the house on fire.

It all started when he potty trained. He would wake up in middle of the night 2,3,4 o'clock in the morning screaming to go to the bathroom.... and mean screaming like bloody murder. Then I would put him back to bed and he would scream and cry for me. At 3am, I need to sleep and he wins the battle and I take him to my bed. Every night this would go on... he hated sleeping alone in his room from 18 months old. Then he was fully potty trained by 2 1/2 and has slept with me since. My SO works nights so he is with me most nights.

I know its fair to say that he needs to sleep in him room... for independence and what not.

My question is how do I do it?

Here are some facts.... he hates his room. He will scream cry for a long time. ( I dont like doing that for more then 10 minutes either). He has never slept in toddler bed. ( he was in a crib with a sleep sack, due to climbing out,at 18 months).

Please leave me some advice. Thanks to all.