Update. Day 5, please God make her better!

Sc

My 7 week old has a cold. She's miserable! Now she isn't wanting to eat. I'm making sure she doesn't get dehydrated but I am having to pump to keep my supply up. She has so much mucus it chokes her, and is swallowing it so her tummy is upset. If I use too much saline she throws up. We're doing steamy bathroom multiple times a day. I just want her to feel better! All I want to do is lay in bed and comfort her but I have another kid to take care of and have no help. 😔 I hate my babies being sick!!

Update: so apparently day 5 is when they get worse before they get better. I was home with my daughter and my 2 year old, when the baby started having a coughing fit. After a straight minute of non stop coughing I called 911. The coughing continued for another couple of minutes, no breathing in between just cough cough etc. The firetruck, ambulance, and a police officer (who was on his way home and saw the commotion) all came within minutes and seven large men surrounded my tiny baby. She had stopped coughing by this time but could only breath well while being held laying on her stomach. The medic advised me that if it were his daughter he would go to the hospital. My husband made it home and my daughter and I got into the ambulance. We drove to the hospital with the lights and sirens off as a "non emergency" case. When we got to triage her O2 levels were in the low 80s. The nurse suctioned her nose and throat and got a ton of thick mucus out. Her O2 levels jumped to 95! Slowly they declined again and ended in the high 70s at rest. We are now admitted. She is on a low level of O2, full, and peacefully sleeping. Mamas... do not hesitate to get 911 on the phone, trust your gut (and appearently your dog- ours didn't leave baby alone all day! Which I thought was weird, but she knew something was up).