My situation is confusing.

So, when I found out I was pregnant, my child’s biological father confessed he messed with a 16 year old. He uses the dark web. And then some other stuff that really made me scared for my baby’s safety.

I broke up with him (he went more crazy- I ended up having to call cops a few times.)

I started talking to my ex husband. We reconciled. He’d joke around and say he put the baby there. Like I’d complain of a backache or something and he’d say “you asked, you wanted a baby and I put it there.” Before he left the house every night, he’d tell my growing belly “daddy loves you.” Then he’d tell me good night and he loved me. And he spoiled us. Got us anything. Spent all his time with us. We went on trips and adventures together. We were going to get remarried. Get our first home.

Our baby was born. I wish I let him in the room when I had the baby. But I was scared.

He was so proud. When our baby started smiling, he’d look at me and say “we did good mama.” 😭

When our baby was 3 months, my partner passed away at work. We didn’t get remarried or get our first home together. I wanted to be his wife again.

It’s confusing telling people that he wasn’t his biological father. Should I just say his dad since he was there for him, or should I say non biological dad? Sorry if this all sounds stupid. I’m not good with words as it is.