The time my bf (ex) left me for my friend

There were red flags but I was young, dumb, and naive. Before I started dating my ex I knew he had a reputation with the ladies and when he first pursed me I didn’t pay him any mind. Weeks went by and I seen how persistent he was so I decided to give him a chance, also I wanted to get to know for myself what kind of person he truly was.

When we first started going out he was always hanging out with this certain girl that was in one of my classes but he would always said how they were just friends (even tho I never asked) then when we started dating she would always post late night pics with him and I confronted him, he stopped having any contact with her after that and never really gave me a reason but yet I stayed because it was a freshly new relationship (yes I know it was better off for me to leave there and then but I was 17 so cut me some slack) little by little I realized he would always talk shit about certain girls yet be photographed with them at parties (RED FLAGS) I would always confront him but he would always make me seem like I was just insecure and jealous.

One day I was at the mall with my sister and mom and ran into two friends (one of them was already best friends with my ex before I was even in the picture) and said we should all hang and my friend said she didn’t want to because she hated my boyfriend and when i seen him I told him about it casually bringing it up and he said that he hated her too and that she was such a whore (Again red flags) well about a few weeks after that he ended up breaking up with me and got with her the next day oh and all those girls he would talk shit about?? Slept with every single one of them. This story is a lot longer than this and it was within a year and a half span but I just thought I’d summarize it, of course a lot more was happening within the relationship but once he left I was happier than ever, was such a huge lesson and an eye opener.

I’m happy I’m no longer in a toxic relationship were i was constantly put down and disrespected. I’m 22 now and have certainly grown up from all that and know my worth. Pls keep the comments positive and if you read all of this mess, thank you. 💗