Night feedings

My LO is about 10 months, he’s been sleeping in his crib since 4 mo old and does fine. He still wakes up in the middle of the night for a bottle of formula. Is this normal at this age? He was born 8lb 11oz, he’s currently 24lbs 30in tall, so he’s a decent size boy.

There was a 4 night span where I put him to bed at 8 and he slept till 6 am straight through but it didn’t stick, not sure why, I haven’t done anything differently in his night routine. I give him food for dinner around 6, then a bath and an 8oz bottle at 8 pm to put him to sleep. On a normal night he’ll go to sleep immediately following his bottle and stay asleep until about 2:30 am & wake up and have another 6 oz, then back to sleep until about 6 am when I have to wake him up because we leave the house for work/sitters house. Some nights (mostly when he falls asleep before drinking the whole 8oz bottle) I put him in bed at 8 and he wakes up at 12:30 am for formula and then again at 4 am for more formula.

I’m not sure if he’s actually hungry or if it’s more of a comfort thing at this point because I rock him and feed him till he falls back asleep. Anyone have a similar experience? Suggestions on how to get him to skip that night feeding?