Should we care?

El 💛

Sooo.. I feel dumb even asking this. I feel like I shouldn’t have to but 🙄 whatever. So my boyfriend and I decided to rent a house for our two kids. I already signed the lease! I just haven’t paid the deposit yet. There’s a master bedroom on the bottom floor and kids bedrooms on the top floor. I did take that into consideration but decided it wasn’t a big deal especially with baby monitors and technology these days. My son sleeps through the night, but his five year old still likes to get up. I’ve told him several times this needs to be corrected, and he agreed. We both agreed that maybe this would be helpful for her to be separated from us because currently, her room is right across from ours, and she HAS to have her door wide open and keep ours wide open as well so that she can always see us. In my opinion, she is too old for this, she should’ve never been taught this, I get that that kids will sometimes get up in the middle of my night but it shouldn’t be 3x a night every single night. It’s stressful. My boyfriends mom found out about our new house, the layout, and FREAKED OUT. Called us irresponsible parents who just want to have “sex” privately (as if we don’t already), and having stairs is dangerous apparently, and she could fall down the stairs tired trying to come to us?? I guess that’s a possibility but I think she’s underestimating her intelligence, I don’t feel like she’d ever go down the stairs at night by herself or at least not consistently like his mom is making it out to be. We took her opinion into consideration, but can’t do anything because the lease is already signed. But I’m just pissed off in general because it’s none of her business, we’re 27 years old, it’s our kids, our home, she’s overstepping boundaries by going off the rail yelling at my boyfriend for the house we decided to rent.