Where to get help for my 3 year old's nail biting?

Paige • 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦

My daughter is 3.5 and she CONSTANTLY has her fingers in her mouth and bites her nails. She bites them to the point where they hurt, bleed, and there's nothing left. I probably ask her to stop 20+ times/day, and it's gotten to the point where it's impeding her activities. She bit them the entire time through her Christmas concert and didn't participate, and now through her entire dance recital. I think she needs help and I'm not sure where to go or who would be best to contact. Perhaps a doctor? Or a counselor? Has anyone here had experience with a child so young having such a bad nervous habit?

We have a pretty good home life. My husband and I are together, though he works away most of the time. She has a little brother who she adores and we spend a lot of family time together, as I only work 1 day/week. She's a very smart, well behaved little girl and she does preschool 9 hours a week and dance 45 mins a week. She also has very loving, involved grandparents that help me out when my husband's away. No abuse, trauma, strong discipline styles, or anything I can think of that would cause her to be as anxious as she must be feeling. I'm feeling a little defeated and am not sure how to go about getting her help.