Security breech with Apple & geek squad

Not really baby related but maybe y’all have some insight....

I went to Best Buy geek squad (Apple approved vendor) to get my screen fixed. The guy did some test in front of me then said they’d have to fix the screen and it’d take two hours. I had my ten month old crying and the guy said unlock your phone I said idk how to and why. He said this is apples policy and he took me to the screen to u lock my phone. I didn’t think much of it and forgot until I got my phone back. My husband was seeing how they fixed it and notice my lock wasn’t on. He freaked out. He called Best Buy and they said it’s apples policy, they sounded like they didn’t really know. Then we called Apple and they said absolutely not. They’re investigating it and it’s escalated pretty quickly. I’m in contact with a community relations guy. He said they’re still investigating. My concern is I have a lot on my phone private pictures, social security number, bank& routing numbers, passwords, etc. these people had my phone for two hours who knows what they did. & Apple is saying this should not have happened. What should I ask of Apple? They want to make things right especially after my husband mentioned getting a police report god forbid something happened down the line with our info.