How should I cut things off?

So I’m in college right now, and I’ve been dating this guy from home for a few months now. I didn’t really have intentions of getting in a relationship with him and I let that be known. He was fine with it. Also because I got out of a long distance relationship last year while in college and I don’t want to do the same thing, that’s not for me. So we were basically just enjoying each other’s company, going out sometimes and on the phone almost every day.

So recently, this guy I was interested in at my school started talking to me. At first I didn’t think he even liked me because he was very friendly so he treated everyone the same, so I thought nothing of it. Then we hung out and he told me he really liked me. He made it clear how he feels, like he’s all in and I’m willing to do the same. This changed everything. I’d rather be with him because I would get to see him everyday and honestly I like him a lot more.

How should I cut things off with the guy back home? I honestly feel horrible, I did not expect this to happen.