Y’all do I have a reason to be upset?

Cassidy

Okay, so about a year ago I miscarried at 10 weeks, and now I’m pregnant again. I was super dizzy so I ended up going into the ER and they did a transvaginal ultrasound and I was able to CLEARLY see the baby, the heartbeat, the yolk sack, and the beginnings of the umbilical cord (all were pointed out to me by the technician), and was told I was 7 weeks and 3 days. Fast forward a week to today at my first appointment with my OB. I get there and it’s his PA not him, which at first I didn’t see as a big deal. Then she started to do an abdominal ultrasound and took like a whole 10 minutes to even find the baby and I was absolutely terrified and already almost crying. And then she finally has me tilt my hips around and she pushed really hard with the wand and finally got a couple shots of the baby. But she couldn’t get any measurements or anything. So I asked her if it would be easier to do a transvaginal ultrasound instead of an abdominal one. She then informs me that SHE IS NOT CERTIFIED TO DO ULTRASOUNDS SO SHES NOT ALLOWED TO THE TRANSVAGINAL ONES!! On one hand I’m grateful that she at least told me that and didn’t go ahead and do it, but why the hell does an OBGYN have someone doing ultrasounds when they aren’t even certified?? Like, I’ve had a miscarriage before. Seeing a blank screen when there’s supposed to be a baby is absolutely gut-wrenching. The baby was easily viewable a week before transvaginally. So I really think it’s shitty that I had to think that I was miscarrying just because she wasn’t trained to do the right kind of ultrasound that I needed. And the office knew how early I am. They did transvaginal ultrasounds with my first pregnancy all the way up until 11 weeks.