I’m spent...

I don’t like speaking ill of my husband. He’s a great man. But I’m to a point where I don’t know if I can take this much longer. I worked from September to January. I went back to my job 5 days pp and brought my son with me. I quit my job in January to stay home with him. I absolutely love it! But I have been basically his only care taker since birth. I have only been away from him for about 6 hours total in the past 6 months. I don’t get a break and I don’t leave the house. I’m so mentally drained, I’m about to blow.

My issue is I have tried to ask him to help. We have fought about his lack of involvement at least once a month since our son was born. I’ve tried talking, being honest about how I feel. About needing a break. It either just ends the conversation or starts a fight. I love my husband, like I said he’s amazing. But he’s not stepping up as a father. I just don’t know what to do. I’m tired of fighting, but I’m also tired of not getting help. What do I do? How do I get him to realize that I need him to step up? I can’t keep doing this on my own for much longer