I cant believe my body just took to it like that

li

I have the IUD. I like to share my experience with things especially when they’re not horror stories. For me the worst part of the IUD was insertion. It’s in the IUD room if you feel like getting traumatized. You will never catch me one time sugar coating my experiences.

Anyways my gynecologist told me multiple times that I may have heavy break through bleeding and spotting for around 3 to 6 months. My period was due the day I got the IUD. So I got it, my period started and ended 10 days later and that’s a normal period for me. (I went back and looked and I actually stopped bleeding for a day or so and then continued. But I did bleed for a total of 10 days) It stops completely no spotting or anything. I did have a freak out moment because a piece of skin from my healing cervix came out because he accidentally cut my cervix. Im telling yall insertion was bad. A month goes by and I get my string check, my period was due that day too and started when I got home from the gyno. Lasted 9 days and stopped.

Few days after my period I noticed teeny tiny spotting that was only there every other time I wiped. Nothing since then though. I really expected to bleed like he said for 6 months, that’s usually how my luck goes with birth control but my body has taken to this IUD like the IUD is friend. It’s crazy to me. I’m really happy about it and feel like I’m gonna forget it’s there after a while. I don’t have any shitty side affects either. I don’t really have any side affects at all. My doctor is lowkey proud of himself for matching me with the iud lmfao

I meant to post this in the birth control room but it’s cool here too.