Preemie mama

Kiarra • Mama of a beautiful girl and a tiny but mighty preemie boy!!

So last two days have been a roller coaster but the gist is that I came in for a regular NST at 34w4d yesterday (3/23/2020) it wasn’t great had ultrasounds low amniotic fluid couple hours later it got better. Stayed over night for monitoring and had another ultrasound in morning fluid levels went down again and neonatologist and OB decided he needed to come out within the hour and a half so called family urgently to let them know what was happening my stress and anxiety shot up and I had my first c-section as an emergency to my first baby boy. He came out crying best possible outcome and he had to be life flighted an 1 1/2 hours away to a bigger hospital that has a NICU. I should be discharged 24-48 hours and I’ve been trying my best to stay as positive as possible PP hormones have been brutal and it’s been a lot of tears. I didn’t get to touch him or hold him because they needed to get him going urgently. He is 5lbs 8oz and 18 1/4 inches. The NICU has to give him meds to get him to try and calm down his breathing didn’t work as well as they had hoped so he had to be intubated. Which caused me to cry for sure. But his labs are doing good and they gave him meds to relax him and he was sleeping the last update we got. I feel so lost we were preparing for a big baby idk what I should do what I should take up with me what I should expect. Please any positive vibes it’s my fiancé’s first baby and my 2nd and he’s been amazing and I’ve been pumping. He almost passed out when we got the news. Please pray for us. 🙏🏻🙏🏻♥️♥️😭😭