Too strong or others but to weak to be alone...depression sucks

I am so tired all the time and I don’t know what to do anymore. I have a boyfriend and he is clueless. He talks to his ex constantly and lies to me about it then makes me feel like I am being a drama queen. During this time, I have proven time and time again that I am strong and independent with him and I don’t need him to hold my hand. But his ex is a different case. She seems constantly scared and wanting his help. Because he feels I can handle myself, he plays the protective role with her. Now he is helping her again and I am alone. I admit I said some hurtful things to him right now and told him to have fun and that I am sure she will take good care of him after he takes care of her. He said I am the one causing problems and I need to

stop being a drama queen. I am not an alcoholic but when I drink in a bad mood, it makes me worst and I am trying to stay away from drinking but it’s hard. I want to numb everything right now. Instead, it is only 2:30 in the afternoon and I am in my pjs lying in bed ready to sleep until tomorrow while he goes with her. I am tired of feeling this way. How do I be independent but still that girl who can lean on her man’s shoulder for support so he feels needed in that way.