8 Weeks Postpartum - Starting My Journey!

Rebecca • mama 👼🌈👶👼 👼🤰

I’m now 8 weeks postpartum. I gave birth to my sweet baby girl in February!

This is me in my bridal lingerie now. I want to preface this with the fact that I don’t hate my body and how it’s changed. I grew a human and I’m really proud of my body for doing that. I just have a new motivation to be healthy as well!

According to the scale I’ve lost all the baby weight but a) I needed to lose about 30 lbs before this baby and b) I’ve gained a dress/pants size since I got pregnant so I know my body is different. I used to be a volleyball player and was motivated to work out that way but since I left school, fitness hasn’t been my priority. I also lost a lot of muscle while I was pregnant.

Now that my daughter is here I’m more motivated than ever to live a healthy life! I want her to know how to love her body and take care of it and I want to be a good example to her!

I’m breastfeeding and I don’t want to do anything too intense right now so I’ve been intermittent fasting, tracking my calories and water intake and finding some way to move my body every day. I do yoga, go on walks or do a baby wearing workout. My goal is to create good habits for the next 4 months and then when my baby is 6 months I’ll start working out more intentionally.

Breastfeeding and/or attachment parenting moms: what did you do to exercise/lose weight with your baby? Baby girl is verrrryy attached and I only get a few minutes of hands free time!

UPDATE-

I’m down 11 lbs! I love intermittent fasting and working out has been my self care during these postpartum days. I feel really amazing and I’m really proud of my progress and my ability to stick with it- I’ve always struggled with exercise and weight loss but I’m doing it! I’m sure breastfeeding is helping but still- I’m being really consistent.

UPDATE #2

I’m down 15 lbs (probably more I haven’t checked in a while!) I fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans better than before I was even pregnant! I feel really amazing. I took a week long break last week but I’m back at it this week. I got a new workout set in the mail (pictured) and feeling excited and motivated.