Masturbating next to SO in bed?

Is it weird to masturbate next to your SO when you’re both in bed at night?? I feel so sexually frustrated. I get so horny sometimes and he falls asleep 20 seconds after we get into bed that I can’t even make a move. I’m left wide awake, horny af, getting myself off while he’s 6 inches away from me lol.

Sometimes even in the morning. I’ll masturbate when I wake up if I’m horny and he’s still asleep. When he starts to stir I panic and stop, make sure he’s still asleep, and continue.

I think it’s because I also feel weird initiating intimacy because I feel like I’m waaay hornier than he is 90% of the time and having him turn me down/not be in the mood SUCKS because it makes me feel bad about myself (I know it shouldn’t, it’s just him not being in the mood, but I still feel embarrassed every time I get suggestive and he just turns the other way or ignores me. I feel like a dumb horny fool every time I’m in the mood and he isn’t so I always hide my horniness lol)

This is my first real relationship and I’ve only just started exploring my sexuality for the first time (in my 23 years of life) within this past year so I’m still very new to sexual things and I feel like that’s why I’m hornier way more often. Also I’m still a virgin and he’s not.

Idk. Can anyone relate? I feel like this is a very new and exciting time for me to explore. I only ever masturbated for the first time in my life like one year ago..I’m still learning about my body..I’m still new to relationships and sexuality..I’m still working on getting comfortable enough to finally lose my virginity. But whenever he doesn’t reciprocate I hate myself for even trying to initiate it. So I never do 🙄🙄