Starting Food

Alright ladies, I only got to ask some of my questions at the doctors because honestly my son was terrified of all of the masks (including me since I was wearing one) and I was anxious going alone.

I figured before sending an email to the doctors I would see if you all could help.

Tomorrow we’re starting purées and I have some kind of dumb questions but, I’m a FTM so I want to do it right.

1. I see giving a cup is a good idea. Do you just put water in there? Or do you put formula/breast milk in there?

2. Do you need to heat up the purées? I could see using them room temp but once they’re opened it says to refrigerate.

3. I’ve seen amounts to say 1-4 tablespoons once a day when you’re starting out. How much did you do? And how did you increase.

4. If you started with purées, how long did you use them before going to BLW?

5. What’s your schedule for feeding the purées? I know their formula/breast milk is the primary source. But do you offer them a full bottle and wait a certain amount of time and then offer solids? Also, we feed every 3-4 hours. So do you count the 3-4 hours from between bottles or do you start that time again when you feed the solid.

6. What were some differences you noticed in your baby, just so I can be prepared. i.e. eating less formula, sleeping longer, change in poops etc.

Thank you all!