We may be an infertility success story, but success doesn’t erase the fight it took to get

Katie • 🧬Unexplained Infertility 💉IVF Jan‘19 👶🏻Baby on Board Oct’19 ❤️Blogging 🌸Gardening 🌎World Travel ✉️Katie@adventuristaaz.com 📍Based in Gilbert,AZ
We may be an infertility success story, but success doesn’t erase the fight it took to get here. At heart, I’m still an #IVFwarrior. Infertility changes people. It causes trauma, gives us triggers, shifts perspectives, and makes us different parents that we would have been had starting a family come easily. As part of National Infertility Awareness Week, we honor the stories of all warriors brave enough to share their experience. Many of you who have been there from the beginning know my story, but for those of you who don’t, you can find the extended version on my blog (link in bio). It’s too much to write in one social media post, but the short version is unexplained infertility, diminished ovarian reserve, poor responder to meds. Two egg retrievals, several uncomfortable tests - one which showed my uterus has a displaced window of implantation, 179 shots, and one transfer that worked the first time. Countless blood draws, tears, emotional highs and lows, and stress and fear that we may not have our dream of a family. But that’s what took to get us to this point, and at #31weekspregnant I would do it all over again if I had to. They say in life it’s the journey, not the destination. But with infertility it’s the opposite, we do what we have to in order to make it to our goal even if we don’t enjoy the process. Once we reach our goal, the journey was worth it! For those of you still fighting the fight, I hope your miracle is right around the corner! 💗 #honoryourstory #NIAW2020 #myinfertilitystory #ivfmama #ivfbaby #ivfbabyonboard #ivfsuccess #pregnancyafterinfertility #<a href="https://glowing.com/glow-fertility-program">ivf</a> #ivfjourney #myivfjourney #thisisivf #ivfstrongertogether #ivfsupport #ivfsisters #ivfcommunity #ivfgotthis #1in8 #ivflife #infertilityawareness #infertility #infertilitysucks #ttcsisters #ttcwarrior #ttcjourney #infertilityuncovered #infertilitysupport #ttctribe