What should I do? UPDATED

Mikayla • Mother of One 🌈👶🏻 Happy with me 💕

Hey everyone, 37+1 weeks right now and have had on and off issues this pregnancy. (2nd child)

I do not recall anything from my labor with my daughter in 2018. (No idea as to why, but I literally don’t remember a thing)

Anyways, I’ve had BH contractions for a while now and I’ve grown accustomed to them, but as of last Friday I’ve noticed the pain starts more so in my back then comes to my belly. It was about every 20 minutes or so, no big deal. Over time they got closer and last night they were about 8-10 minutes apart. My OB told me to wait until they were 5 minutes apart for an hour before calling the OB department. Now here’s where I’m a little lost.

Ever since around 12 pm today, my stomach has been constantly tight and uncomfortable. No baths help, water doesn’t help (I’ve had about 1 liter every hour and half since I woke up), I have cramps that come and go every few minutes (I haven’t been able to keep track) but the tightness is constantly there. The pain is gradually getting worse but not unbearable. My little one has been pretty active today but only when the cramps have subsided. Should I call the OB department and get checked out or could these still be BH contractions.

I hate having to ask because it’s my 2nd child but i honestly can’t remember anything from my first

UPDATE: went to L&D last night and have been here ever since being monitored. Went from 1cm to 3cm in about 10 hours so it’s slow progress. Not sure if I will be sent home or kept but turns out they weren’t Braxton Hicks!