We need diaper and rash product recommendations!

Em

Short of using cloth diapers, does anyone have any recommendations for brands/styles that might be easier on my daughter's skin? I'm hesitant to try a new diaper ointment after her skin worsened when we tried desitin ointment... but I'm open to suggestions if anyone has had success with a specific brand and a super sensitive baby bottom.

My 4wk old daughter has the worst sensitive skin. Her poor bottom broke out in a violent red rash after we started using desitin ointment on her. (Previously, we used Bourdeaux's Butt Paste. We learned our lesson about not fixing what isn't broken and quickly switched back!) She was born prematurely and up until this week we were using Huggies and Pampers Swaddlers premie sized diapers. She's officially outgrown the premie size and has graduated to newborn. (Yay!!) We bought a big pack of Pampers Swaddlers newborn diapers and ⚡INSTANT ANGRY SKIN!⚡ I'm a little surprised that the swaddlers caused so much irritation all of a sudden, but there's a clear outline of where the diaper touches her skin that's red. Even areas that stay completely dry (such as the upper back part of the diaper dial that fits across her hips) has a slight redness to it. 🤦🏼‍♀️

We use the Pampers Water Wipes alongside some bulk purchased dry wipes that we use to pat her dry and/or wet with plain water to wipe her down when her skin is irritated. That seems to be working well. I did a little skin test on her tummy that my pediatrician recommended doing with our wipes and there was zero indication that they're part of the problem.

I'm at the end of my rope here and it's making me feel terrible that her skin is so irritated. Thank you in advance for anyone who takes the time to weigh in!