Mil rant. Gotta get it off my chest

My in laws were over this past weekend and the subject of our LO 1st birthday came up. I asked my husband what he wants to do for a theme. I threw out his nursery theme, Pooh Bear and he said TMNT.

Then my mother in law butts in and said, "oh you're not going to have the time to plan a birthday party for him! But I do! I'd be happy to do it! And I'll take care of everything and won't even charge you as long as I have say over everything. I think I'm going to go with Noah's Arch."

I told her that won't be necessary. And that I have been looking forward to planning his first birthday since I found out I was pregnant.

She continued to push and said "well I just didn't want it to be half assed. The baby keeps you so busy that you don't even clean the house every day... and every time I come over there's dishes in your sink. How do you expect to throw him a proper birthday party if you can't even keep up with your house work?" .... 😐😐😐

My husband could tell that I wasn't very happy with that comment and quickly said, "well he's only 6 months old so we still have plenty of time to prepare. And I've been looking forward to it as well so she won't be doing it alone." He also told her that the house work isn't just my job, it's his too. He then changed the subject.

I left the room because she really upset me. I already feel like I'm not doing enough every day... There's just not enough time in the day to get things done. Plus baby is going through a sleep regression and has been teething, so I'm exhausted as soon as I wake up lately. I don't need her throwing it in my face too.

I'm so tired of her hurtful comments. She tells me that I'm not losing my baby weight fast enough, that I should quit breastfeeding because he's too reliant on me and it makes it hard for her when she watches him, she constantly goes against my wishes when she watches him, and when she gets caught and gets called out, she says it's because she's raised two babies and this is my first one so "I think I know what I'm doing".... she tells the baby all the time that 'no one will ever love you as much as grandma. And I mean no one.'... wtf is that supposed to mean?

I'm just so tired of putting up with her. But I continue to do it for my husband. He thanks me all the time for just 'letting it roll off my shoulders' but idk if I can do it anymore. One of these times she's going to say something and I'm just going to snap. And I will not feel bad about it one bit.

Thanks for letting me rant 💜💛 I feel a little better 😌