Can you get pregnant right after a miscarriage?

Sensitive Topic!

Please read at your own discretion.

I lost my little guy at 18.5 weeks approximately. This was May 28th. I had to have the D&C procedure and I had it the next day May 29th.

I will be honest, I've never worn my heart on my sleeve. I'm not one to really cry or get down (on the outside). I really keep it all bottled up. Which may seem unhealthy but it truly is just how I'm wired.

I didn't cry. Nothing really hurt. I walked out of that appointment on my own (due to covid partners cant physically be in the clinic with you)

They said I had to wait at least 2 weeks to have sex because of how big the baby was due to how far along i was.

My fiancé and I are very sexual people. And because I wasn't bleeding too much (I was bleeding a lot the first 3 days but I wasnt uncomfortable) I told him that I was comfortable having sex again. At this point I was spotting very little once every other day. So we've had sex 3 times this last week (June 4-8 ) more less to ease me back into it. No protection of any sort. We are both ok with that. We love each other and were both excited to be having a baby and would without a doubt be thrilled to get pregnant again.

Is it possible to get pregnant so quickly after a miscarriage and D&C? Or is it a matter of getting pregnant after your cycle restarts again (have to have a period and then an ovulation period all first)