Help for First-Time (Virgin) User

Bl

Last month I purchased the regular Saalt cup in the pack the comes with both sizes. I’m 19 and the most I’ve done in that region is insert a super plus tampon. I also figured out my cervix height before ordering the Saalt cups and determined it’s very low on the first day and leading up to my period and average thereafter. I don’t have problems inserting or removing tampons besides on the first day when it feels I can’t get it in all the way (which I now guess is because of my cervix height)

Anyways I tried inserting the smaller cup last month using the punchdown fold and while I started to get it in, the further it went there was a very intense burning pain and pressure. I started out trying to do this in the shower but wasn’t able to get it in at all until I moved onto the toilet and used a bit of coconut oil. I want to try again but am hoping to have some advice for inserting it this time around. (Maybe a fold suggestion that not only has a small insertion point but is closer to the size of a tampon all around?) Any help is appreciated :)