How are we going to live? Calling Utah people!!!

Maude • •👼🏼C 💙•H🌈•B🐻

So my husband and I are living with my parents for a few months our plan being to save as much money as we can before our baby comes at the end of the year. We are trying to figure out where we are going to live once the baby is born. We don’t have much family help after this it’s temporary and we’re paying rent at my parents to stay just for the next 6 months. But it’s cheap. Once our baby comes we want me to stay at home as care for our baby is almost as expensive as what I’d make. My husband has a decent job he works in Draper and makes 18/hr well he’s on salary but that’s what it comes out to. And I don’t get how anyone can live like this? He’s half way done with his degree but we just don’t know what to do. We thought about buying a home/townhome and now we’re thinking renting. But living off 2500 a month isn’t easy. My husband is the kind of guy that will do whatever he needs to and says if he needs to get a second job he will, and I want to figure out the balance. It hurts my heart to think that he would be gone all day and never see his daughter, I admire his dedication to her and I but I want him to be home at a decent hour. If you live in Utah and know of anything weather it’s places to live cheap we want a 2 bedroom Atleast. We’re trying to find something $1300 or less a month. And it’s hard, we’re not planning to move til Novemberish at the moment but any leads would be great, also any tips. I’m pretty sure we wouldn’t qualify for any assistance but any secret you know of. I’m working right now too and I make 18/hr too, I’ve been saving my whole paycheck since the pandemic began and plan to save it all til I stop working when baby comes. We have about $4,000 saved right now is all. But I should have a pretty decent chunk to help get us by for a little. I’m so nervous. I know it will all work out. I just want my family to be provided for and together. If anyone also knows of a good job opportunity for my husband I’d love that we would always consider a job with more money and benefits. He has worked in moving, logistics, trucking dispatch, coordinator, management, and currently he does inspections of leased equipment. We’ve also talked about if moving to another state that’s cheaper to live could be an option so if you live in a different state too share. We are especially drawn to the Dallas Fort Worth area if you have tips.