He Doesn’t Pay Child Support.

My child is 3. The entire time she has been alive he has never paid child support, hasn’t maintained a good relationship with her, doesn’t see her, etc. I filed for child support but everytime it got denied. They kept saying she wasn’t his kid. Well I decided to get a DNA test through my drs office and low and behold she is his! I took it to DHS and threatened to turn them in for being crooked. Well they got a case started. That was 1.5 years ago, still no child support though. He pays for his son and they garnish his check, but other than papers being filed, nothings been done for my kid.

So I’m gonna take him to court. Since DHS refuses to do things correctly I’m gonna hire a lawyer and see how he likes that. But can I get child support for the past 3 years? Or do they just start at the time I file? Because it’s fucked up that for 3 years I’ve been trying to get help and they deny me everytime. Btw his aunt works at the dhs office and told me she would make sure he doesn’t have to pay. I have it In text messages for court. I am not playing no more

We have looked into why dhs isn’t doing anything about the case. It’s why I’m taking him to court. They’ve only filed paperwork, never ordered anything from him.