Baby terrified of blow up pool

Kate

So I ordered a little inflatable blow up pool for our balcony since its so hot here right now and I was super excited to put my little 8 month old in it thinking she will just love it. I inflated it while she was sleeping and put it in the living room and I was thinking I could make a little ball pit for her to test it out, after she woke I brought her out and plopped her inside and she started freaking out and crying hysterically like I've never seen. We quickly picked her up and calmed her but she was instantly terrified of this thing!! I moved it to the corner of the room and we tried putting her on the floor but she was so upset and wouldn't let us put her down! If she even sees the pool from across the room she starts hysterical crying and needs to be picked up. Then to top it off she wouldn't go to sleep after and was waking up every 2 minutes in terror trying to crawl away and banging her head on the top of the crib 😳 she was up till almost 2am like this until we brought her into our bed. She's never slept in our bed before but we didn't know what else to do.. So crazy. Anyone else have experience with a baby this young being so scared of something? I'm a first time mom so I don't know what's normal 😱 we've hidden the pool for now but wtf.. I never expected that to happen.