Divorce/separation

Does anyone have experience going through a legal separation or divorce with one child under the age of 2?

My husband and I have been married for five years. My daughter is 19 months old. Last week I left our house because of his ongoing anger problems and verbal abuse. I have been saying for a long time that I won’t tolerate it with a little one in the house and I figured I might as well rip the Band-Aid off now. He has not committed to getting any help for his problems as of now but I don’t know that he believes I am serious. I have a long term place to stay thank God, and support from both friends and family. I plan on getting a job once I get settled over the next few weeks but I am very anxious and sad over all of this. I have read that going through this type of separation or divorce is always better for the child when they are younger. So I am glad that I am doing it now. But it breaks my heart to think that she may not have the family unit I always wanted for her.

Does anybody have experience with divorcing or separating with one child at such a young age? What was the outcome? I am still holding onto hope that he will get better and we will be able to reconcile but I am maintaining realistic expectations and that might not happen. I know that if we do not Stay together that I one Day want to remarry and have more children but that is obviously something I can’t consider for a long time.

I am just anxious and hurting. This is never how I wanted my life to be for my child.