TTC Baby #1 with PCOS

Jessica

Following my wedding last April I went off birth control for 3 months for blood work and an ultrasound in September 2019.

An extremely high AMH level and the ultrasound confirmed PCOS. If it wasn’t for the AMH level none of my other bloodwork would indicate PCOS. I’m a personal trainer and maintain a healthy diet so that helped. We weren’t trying to conceive yet so I went back on birth control to help my symptoms because I felt terrible off of it.

Fast forward to May 10 2020 and I went off birth control. I immediately began taking vitex berry. I also have been taking a bee pollen and royal jelly supplement called “bee wise” I saw recommended on here as well as a prenatal. Surprisingly I had my first period in forever on June 20th. I had a day of medium bleeding and then two days after extremely light and then nothing. Only 3 days but was happy I could start charting more.

I started tracking my BBT soon after my period ended and following the guidelines of the digital OPK test I started testing June 27th. After 9 days of seeing the blank circle I finally got a smiley face yesterday morning!! Yesterday afternoon I felt some cramping and a sharp pain on my right lower abdomen. This morning my BBT went up .52 so if it remains elevated the next few days it could indicate that I ovulated 😊

I can’t begin to explain how emotionally taxing this has been fearing not only how I feel off birth control but that I would not ovulate.

I’m really grateful for all of the posts and recommendations. We’ll see what happens but for the first time I feel real hope! I am 32 and trying for my first baby. Would love to connect with anyone who can relate 💕