How to deal with disgusting roommates peeing on floor?

Savvy

UPDATE: I bought a steam cleaner for our part of the house, and its helping me maintain my sanity knowing it is really clean! We also discussed that we will get on a waiting list in between his first and second semester for an apartment. <3

My husband and I got married in February. I love him very much, and we were together almost 3 years before marrying.

To make a long story short, neither of us make a ton of money while he is in college, but enough to scrape by in an apartment - and after we got married, we were supposed to move into an affordable house, and it fell through because of complicated circumstances that you probably dont care to read all of.

We chose to still get married when we had originally planned, and chose to live with his parents temporarily to save up money until we decide to go to an apartment or house. We have our own bedroom and living room upstairs, but we have to go downstairs for the bathroom or kitchen.

Yes. We knew it would be trying, we knew it would not be easy, and you can waste your time saying it's our own fault, but it won't change the circumstance at all.

As many days I spent over there before marriage, I didn't realize how disgusting their lifestyle is. They arent charging us anything(we have helped pay a few thousands of dollars worth of bills for them to keep the house in the past), which is very kind, but I dont think they could pay someone to live there if they knew what it was like.

First off, My father in law pees in bottles and it splatters all over his (hardwood) floor, then he walks in it and walks around the whole house, and I KNOW it's being transferred everywhere on the carpet. Also, the toilet often gets plugged, and my mother in law stubbornly refuses our request to plunge it gently so that feces and urine dont splatter all over the bathroom floor and get spread throughout the whole house. Yet, she yells at us for wearing shoes upstairs with the smallest amount of grass on them. She claims she wants the house clean but doesn't want to do small things to maintain it. I was cleaning the bathroom and vaccumming the carpets once a week, but now I pretty much just give up and clean our space because they destroy the downstairs, and no matter how much I vaccum, mop, sweep, or steam clean, when my father in law walks out of his room, he will spread pee and contaminate everything.

I wear flip flops IN THE HOUSE now, and I take them off before entering our part of the house to try to maintain some sanity that the floor is clean. I eat upstairs and keep as much food as possible in our part. My husband has been so understanding and helpful, he backs me up and tried to convince his mother to plunge properly, he always wears sandals per my request until we get to our room, but there will be pee on the rest of the floor no matter what because of his dad. I could get a million dollar steam cleaner and clean the whole house, and it wouldn't matter, because he will continue to pee on the floor.

We can afford to eat out and enjoy luxuries when we are living here and still save up for rent or down payment, but I swear to God it might be healthier just to scrape by at a little studio place just to live in a feces, urine free home.

Any advice, words of comfort, relative experiences, on how to keep my sanity before we leave next year?