How do I tell my best friend I think I love him!

A few years a go I told my best friend that I liked him at a going away for him. He was going out of state for an amazing job opportunity for him. So a group of friends when out to celebrate for him. That night before everyone left I told it “I think I like you” his response was “get outta her with that” I was crushed we didn’t talk for a few weeks after multiple attempts from me. Eventually I asked what happed and he said “you know what you did”. After the job finished he came back and we resumed life like nothing had happened. He is encouraging of me in everything that I want to do always saying you got this I believe in you and congratulating me on all accomplishments no matter how big or small. He’s always there to support my kids too! He sends me songs to listen to pretty regularly...

Thomas Rhett-blessed

Cole Swindell- working on me

Daryl Dodd- bitter end

Jon pardi-that man

Chris Bandi- man enough now

And many many more. I’ve talked to some of my girl friends about it and I get half and half responses 1) he’s telling you how he feels through the lyrics 2) your reading into it it means nothing.. I wish I could say my feelings from all those years ago have gone away but unfortunately they have not. I want to tell him how I feel again but terrified he’ll walk away again 😭