D&C 3 months PP Questions

Sa

Hi all! I’m looking for any helpful insights on a slightly unusual situation.

My beautiful baby girl was stillborn (39 weeks) at the beginning of April due to her cord tearing. I had some complications with birth, but still ended up delivering vaginally. The doctor had to manually remove my placenta because her umbilical cord completely detached and the placenta wasn’t showing any signs of budging on its own. I bled for 14 weeks, but still had 3 regular periods. My periods were very normal/regular, but I never fully stopped bleeding in between them. Due to covid, my pp appointments were teleconferences and they said it could be normal if my hormones were still all over the place. I finally was able to go in for my annual checkup at 12 weeks pp and they scheduled an ultrasound. The ultrasound showed I still had retained product, and that was likely what was causing my bleeding.

I had a Hysteroscopy and D&C on Monday, but just finished my 3rd pp cycle the day before. I guess my question is, does anyone know how I should go about tracking my cycle now? It was very regular prior to the procedure, but I’m not sure if I should expect to stay on the same cycle schedule, or if the procedure would cause any changes? Any helpful insights would be great! I plan on talking to my doctor at my follow up appointment, but it is in 2 weeks, so I wanted to see some other thoughts first. Thanks!!