Dude what the fuck 💔😭

My brother in-law has been with my sister for 16 years. They dated for 6 years, were engaged for 2 years, and have been married for another 8 years. They have 3 amazing kids together. 7 years old, 4 years old, and 3 years old. They also have a 4th on the way.

Today we were at my parents house because we have family dinners there every Sunday. I was in their basement going through old boxes of my stuff from before I moved out and seeing what I could take home. My brother in law came down and asked if he could talk to me for a minute so I went upstairs

My boyfriend, twin, and my parents were all in the kitchen and so I was like woah what the hell is going on???

He then told all of us that he had an emotional affair on snapchat with someone. He explained that he and my sister went to church this morning before mass (my family is extremely religious) and they confessed to the priest and then afterwards, prayed together just the two of them.

He said the priest said the best thing to do is to come clean to everyone... meaning my family.. which is why he told all of us

I just don’t know what to think!!! He’s been in my life since I was 5 or 6... I literally don’t even remember my life without him in it

He said before they went to church he didn’t know how he felt about their marriage... meaning he wanted to end it... but then he said after going to church, they both felt an insane presence with them like everything was going to be okay

My parents already knew because they told them a few days ago so they were already prepared for the news. But my dad still was crying when my brother in law told my twin, boyfriend and me..... ive literally only seen my dad cry once in my whole life.... his sister died a few months ago and he still kept himself together through all that 😭😭😭

My mom said my sister is going to be going to intense therapy. She said that my sister will be going for 10 days. I think it’s good that she’s going instead of holding her emotions in.

I just don’t know what to think. He is literally the perfect husband/ dad. And for him to do this!!! It literally affects all of us!! Like I just feel so hurt. Like if someone as perfect of a man as he is can do something like this, what’s to stop someone who’s only half as good or even worse from cheating????

Like what’s to stop my boyfriend from cheating on me??? My brother in laws reasoning for cheating is because he said he didn’t feel taken care of and loved as equally as he does to her and that he was searching for someone to connect with on an emotional level. Which I just think is fucking bullshit but my boyfriend agree with him and that really worries me 😭😭😭

And now we have to just pretend like everything is fine and like everything is normal for the kids which is really fucking hard